Thursday, July 13, 2017

ADFS : A SQL operation in the ADFS configuration database failed

The full error is:

A SQL operation in the AD FS configuration database with connection string Data Source=np:\\.\pipe\microsoft##wid\tsql\query;Initial Catalog=AdfsConfigurationV3;Integrated Security=True failed.

Event ID: 352.

This was on Server 2016 with WID after I had done a Windows update.

The normal Google collection of mostly useless information when I searched.

The ADFS service was stopped. Restarting it just gave errors.

Then I came across a post where the user had restarted the "Windows Internal Database" service first.

I tried that - took a while - and then got an error message.

But when I looked at the status of the service it was running.

Restarting the ADFS service then worked - Hallelujah!

And the next thing I did was backup the database with the AD FS Rapid Restore Tool :-)

Enjoy!


No comments: